Monday, March 26, 2012

Chalkboard Easter Egg Place Cards



These chalkboard egg place cards are an easy, inexpensive, and fun way to decorate your Easter table. 

For this project you will need: 
plastic eggs
chalkboard paint
ribbon


Simply paint the eggs with a couple of coats of the chalkboard paint and let dry.  Use the ribbon to cover up the seam where each egg half joins together.


After your Easter table is set, write the names of your guests on each egg and place at each table setting.


This project was free for me because I already had all of the supplies on hand.  However, here is a little cost projection for you in case you do not have any of these items in your home already.

Plastic Easter Eggs from Target, Walmart, or the Dollar Store:  $1.98 or less
Chalkboard Paint from the Home Depot:  $4.98
Ribbon from Michaels:  $3.00 or less
Estimated total cost:  $9.96
(Obviously, the cost amount of this project is subject to what you are willing to spend or what is available to you at each store).

There you have it!  Have you completed any Easter or spring projects lately?  Let me know because I would love to see them!

Have a wonderful Monday!

I'm linking up to:



14 comments:

  1. Oooo, these are lovely, as always! And I have all the supplies on hand. :) Chalkboard paint is my best friend lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea! I am really needing some chalkboard paint! I am seeing so many great things to do with it.

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of these - they are just adorable and I love chalkoard paint! Thanks for the inspiration!

    bodesandollie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitley doing this...today! I just bought a can of chalkboard paint without knowing what I would paint...Ding...ding...ding...we have a winner!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!! I want this for my next dinner party!!

    I would love it if you shared this a The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!
    http://thediydreamer.blogspot.ca/2012/03/from-dream-to-reality-linky-party-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty! So simple and sweet. I hope you will link up to my Hippity Hop Easter Project Hop if you haven't already.

    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Visiting from tt&j. What a great idea! I should do this for Easter! So cute!

    Im going to poke around your site some more. I would love for you share this at my Friday Link Up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just came over from tt&j. I love your eggs, they are perfect for my Easter table. I just became your latest follower, great blog. I am just starting out with the blog thing and love it, come on over and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, that's such a clever idea! Too cute! And the ribbon totally disguises that it was a plain old plastic egg! I so need to do this...we have lots of those eggs around here. Thanks for sharing! Would you pretty please consider sharing this at my link party too?

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/shine-on-fridays-21-plus-features-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. How clever! I really like these!!

    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this so much I am making them for my Easter dinner! Plan to feature your post on my blog as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete