Thursday, November 3, 2011

Our Wine Cellar: The End

Our wine cellar and storage room is finally complete!  My husband Jason spent many hours in this room working on getting it fixed up.  If you missed the first post about how this room looked before and to see the whole process, you'll want to head over here to view it.  I hope you enjoy looking at how we finished this room.

Here are some pictures of what the room looked like before.















Here are the finished wine shelves and the cabinet doors.











The cabinets store things we wish to keep out of view in the room, like extra wine glasses and Tupperware.







The left side of the wine shelves hold all of our white wines.





Here is a detailed picture of how the neck of the wine is held secure on the shelf.








The right side of the shelves hold all of the red wines.


This is a close-up of the puck lights Jason installed on the wine shelves.


Jason installed laminate flooring in this room.  This wasn't our first choice in flooring, but the price was right.  He painted the floor with waterproofing paint and then covered the entire surface with a below grade vapor barrier to protect the flooring from any moisture that should leak up.


We purchased the rug from Pier One this past summer and really love it!











We reused the same shelves that were in the room but freshened them up with some gray paint.





These shelves hold the kitchen items I do not use everyday and don't have room for in my tiny kitchen.





We were interested in some type of light fixture to hang from the ceiling but didn't want to have to wire anything in the ceiling because of the exposed floor joists.  I thought that a lantern with a candle would provide a little light and some ambiance but would not be too harsh.  We checked a couple of TJ Maxx stores in our city and finally found one that we liked.  We hung it from rope and tied it to the floor joist.








I bought the bistro table at a rummage sale before Jason and I were even married.  It works perfectly in the room and provides a little seating and a surface to set wine glasses down.








The display area functions as a place to open a bottle of wine and also as a place to keep our wine books.











Just for fun, here are a few pictures of the room at night.

















This room was a fun transformation from start to finish.  We didn't spend a large amount of money but got a space that we love and hope will be a selling point should we sell our home in the future.  I hope you enjoyed viewing the changes we made as much as we enjoyed sharing it with you!

I'm linking up to:

Miss Mustard Seed



Just a Girl

Tatertots and Jello



Serenity Now

Weekend Bloggy Reading

Thrifty Decor Chic

tdc before and after

My Girlish Whims

Simple Home Life

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

11 comments:

  1. oh my stinking goodness, i love this sooo much! i'll take some reisling and settle right in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is what I want for Christmas, haha! Beautiful!! I don't know that I'd spend time anywhere else :) Popping in from TT&J! Have a great, wine filled weekend! *running to grab a glass of Relax*

    michelleleeinteriors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out beautifully, you did an amazing job! Love the details like the light fixture and bowl of corks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This couldn't come in at a better time for me, as my carpenters are getting ready to start building our wine cellar... can I ask you if there's any lesson learned? I got my design off the Ballards catalog, and it looks so much like your design, except the shelves are not open... thanks!
    Fio

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't believe there are not like 50 comments on this, your wine room is STUNNING! I'm so jealous, i love wine. what an absolutely amazing atmosphere to drink and store in :)

    I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Whims Wednesday! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/11/your-whims-wednesday-32-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done. This is simple, orderly and pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW this is just gorgeous!! I love all the racks, thanks for linking!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic idea and great execution!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wine cellar turn out amazing! I wish I was in there right now having a glass.....I featured it tonight at my party, thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the rack, This is simple and pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No way! I was going to try to figure out how to build wine cellar! You saved me a whole bunch of time! Thank you once again for a great post (and great timing!)

    ReplyDelete