Sunday, November 27, 2011

Glittered Pears

I saw this idea on Pinterest and loved it!  I loved it so much that I made it one of my first projects for Christmas.

Pinned Image
Via Pinterest
Image from We Heart It

I gathered all of my supplies.  To make these glittered pears you will need:
faux pears
glittering glue
glitter
string

I happened to buy all of my supplies at Michaels.  I love that store!


I tied some string around my pears so that I could hang them up while they dried.


I then set to work covering the green portion of the pears with the glittering glue.  I worked in small sections because the glue tended to dry very quickly.


I then sprinkled the glitter over the glue.  I love easy projects!


Here are my pears drying.


I left a little bit of the green showing since my colors for Christmas this year are green, silver, white, and brown.  I may throw a little red into the decor as well.  We'll see!


Since I had so much fun with the glitter, I did some pinecones as well!  I really love how they turned out!


If we ever get away from this gloomy weather, I'll take some pictures to show you how I incorporated these projects into my Christmas decor.  Here's hoping for some sunny weather tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and love the crafts!! Thanks for the great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete