Monday, July 18, 2011

Honey Cream Scones

Hello All!

Here's a tasty recipe for you today.  We love scones around our home.  They make a delicious breakfast and they always come together so easily!  These scones are no exception.  The recipe for these Honey Cream Scones can be found here from the June 2011 edition of Midwest Living.

The scones start out with two of my favorite things:  lemon and thyme.  I can't get enough.  Those two ingredients were what drew me to this recipe.


I love the smell of lemon zest!


All of the dry ingredients are mixed into a big bowl.


After you add the butter and the wet ingredients, you stir until it is moistened.  The dough will be sticky, so have a pastry scraper handy (or a knife in my case because my pastry scraper was in the depths of my drawer and couldn't be reached with my messy hands).  Here is my dough after kneaded and rolled into a 12 inch circle.


The recipe calls for brushing some extra whipping cream on top before baking.


As I read through the recipe, I had the feeling that the scones wouldn't be sweet enough for my sugar-loving boys.  I solved the "problem" by mixing a 1/4 cup of sugar with some extra lemon zest.


I sprinkled the sugar/zest mixture on top of the scones.


Here are the beauties after baking.





So pretty and so scrumptious!


I hope you all give them a try!  Is there a favorite scone recipe in your home that you would care to share?  I love getting new recipes!

Have a great day!

Oh, and here's the recipe again, just for good measure!  Honey Cream Scones

1 comment:

  1. Thank you my dear, keep an eye out for the rest of it :)
    Bakery Equipment

    ReplyDelete