Thursday, July 28, 2011

Garlic-Infused Olive Oil

Good morning!

I found this tip in the July/August 2011 edition of the Everyday Food Martha Stewart Magazine and wanted to share it with you all.  I would say it is a keeper of a recipe!  I hope you enjoy it! 

To begin, you smash and peel the cloves of one head of garlic.  Pour one cup of extra-virgin olive oil into a pot and and add your garlic.


Cook over medium-low heat until bubbles form around the garlic.


See those little bubbles?  That's what you want.  Let it cook for around ten minutes, reducing heat to low if the garlic begins to brown.

 

Remove the pan from heat and let cool to room temperature.  To store, refrigerate garlic and oil in an airtight container for up to one week.


This oil can be used in pasta dishes, marinades, dressings, you name it!  I must admit I'm pretty excited about this idea.  I already have plans to add some herbs next time and see what kind of flavors I can come up with.  Garlic-rosemary oil?  Yes, please!  I'm also on the hunt for a pretty glass jar to put my oil in instead of an old jelly jar.  That sad jar just isn't working for me!

My time is up.  My boys are awake now.  God's blessings on your day, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment